Application Requirements and Admission Criteria
PhD Admission Requirements:
The term quota of MIS PhD. Program in 2020/2021-1 is 5. Applications can be done between the determined time interval in the academic calender from the Registrar’s Office. Application deadlines for the term: 23 March - 15 May 2020.
For application, the following conditions must be done:
- Applicants with a master's degree (with thesis) or applicants entered a master's degree (without thesis) program that is equivalent to MIS before February 6, 2013 and graduated, can apply to the PhD program.
- Graduated Master's degree GPA must be at least 3.20/4.00
- The Graduate Education Entrance Examination (ALES) results card with a minimum score of 77 from the EA part or a GMAT score of minimum 600 or (GRE score of minimum 155 from quantitative part).
In order to deliver the following documents:
- 4-year university degree diploma and graduate diploma (master's degree candidates should officially document their graduation status)
- Transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degree programs
- A document that is approved by YADYOK indicating the English level accepted by the University
- Two academic recommendation letters (Boğaziçi University, Department of Management Information Systems graduates are exempt)
- A statement of purpose of 3-5 pages about the candidate's intended research subject in English
- The other documents requested by the Register Office
Scientific Exam Date:
- Written Exam: June 1, 2020, 17:00
The written exam will be done on Zoom.
- Interview: June 4, 2020, 10:00
Interviews will be held on Zoom.
Note: The Zoom link will be sent to candidates by e-mail.
For detailed information, please check the following link: Admission. Further inquiries about admission and application should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about PhD in MIS:
- e-mail: mis (at) boun.edu.tr